Aug. 23: Welcome Back, Meet our Campus Correspondents

Welcome Back: The University of Scranton’s Welcome Weekend

By: Kayla Johnson

This past weekend, the University of Scranton welcomed the Class of 2021 into the Royals family. The University of Scranton welcomed more than 1,200 incoming undergraduate, graduate and transfer students this weekend with a number of activities, including the New Student Convocation, Mass, the traditional class photo, residence halls, commuter meetings, and an alumni legacy reception.

More than 40 first-year students took part in the FIRST (Freshmen Involved in Reflective Service ┬áTogether) service program, which is hosted by the Campus Ministries’ Center for Service and Social Justice. And, current University of Scranton students also started their school year off with service by volunteering at the Back to School Bonanza, which took place on Sunday at the Marketplace at Steamtown.

Check out photos from Welcome Weekend on our Flickr.

And, a big Royal welcome to all of the students of the University of Scranton. Have a wonderful year!

Meet this year’s Campus Correspondents!

Class year: 2018

Major: Strategic Communication, public relations track, business leadership minor

Hometown: Allentown, PA

Hi, my name is Kayla Johnson, and I’m currently a senior at the University of Scranton. My major is strategic communication with a public relations (PR) concentration and a minor in business leadership. My hopes are to open and run my own PR firm after college (fingers crossed)! The U is my home away from home, where I’ve met countless amazing friends, inspiring professors, and awesome staff. I wouldn’t want to call anywhere else my home and couldn’t have asked for a better community.

Class year: 2019

Major: Marketing

Hometown: West Chester, PA

My name is Kassie Dunn and I’m a junior here at the University of Scranton. I am a marketing major hoping to work in the fashion and design industry after I graduate in 2019. I live in West Chester, PA when I’m not at school and I like to spend as much of my summer down the shore in Sea Isle City, New Jersey with my family.