Street Sweep Fall 2017

Twenty-three University of Scranton clubs gathered together for their semi-annual Street Sweep this weekend. Students sweep throughout the Hill Section and pick up trash and litter left on the streets. This two-hour event is one of the biggest events held on campus — 300 students participated this year.

Jordan Reis, a representative for the Business Club said, “Street Sweep is my favorite service event of the semester. It’s a great way to do a lot for the community that really doesn’t take too long.”

Students enjoy Street Sweep because, while they are giving back, they are also enjoying the nice fall weather with friends. The University community was able to cover a lot of ground. They walk up all of the streets lining Mulberry Street and walk up past Vine into the residential area of the Hill Section.

“I think Street Sweep is a great way for students to give back to the residents of Scranton,” said student Hazel Skarbeck. “Hopefully, they appreciate the event because, living off campus, I know I appreciate it!”