Intersession Abroad

The cold weather is here – intersession is on its way!

While we all look forward to spending time at home during the break, there are also a lot of opportunities available through the University during this time.  Several study abroad faculty-led trips are often offered during intersession.

Christina Brannon ’19 went on a trip to Israel over intersession in 2017.  It was the first University trip to Israel.

“Honestly I don’t think I would have had the guts to travel to the Middle East solo at 18,” Brannon said.  “Going with the University gave me the opportunity to travel with experienced guides in a safe way. Also, we were able to ‘live’ in the Middle East as opposed to ‘touring’ the Middle East as most Americans do. Nothing against doing touristy things (of course they’re fun), but traveling through small towns and meeting with locals and hearing their stories was much more interesting than sight-seeing the major attractions in the area.”

Brannon describes her trip as life-changing.

“I always said I wanted to see how others lived and get outside of my American bubble of comfort, and traveling to Israel and Palestine was the perfect opportunity to do so,” she said. “Between seeing the major religious sights and enjoying tea with Palestinian natives that I now consider friends, my eyes were completely opened to the diversity of life that makes humankind so remarkable. Although we had our differences, there were way more similarities among us.”

Information about past trips can be found here.