New Beginnings

Hello readers!

It is honestly hard for me to fathom the fact that I’ve already been living here for almost a month; time is flying! It feels like yesterday was the day I finally sent in my deposit and decided to attend the one and only, University of Scranton. Although picking a college was a tedious, stressful process, all the worries and concerns I had about my choice were lifted off my shoulders the moment I walked on campus.

While move-in day might be the worst day for most college freshmen, I must admit, Scranton’s move-in team made it so easy! All my family and I had to do was drive up to our assigned spot, open the trunk, and watch as dozens of eager, enthusiastic Scranton students helped us bring all the boxes up to my dorm. The most we had to do was the usual re-arranging of dorm furniture, store clothes, put up decorations etc. (and that’s the fun part!) Before I knew it, I was all moved in and on my own. However, when my parents left that day, I never once felt alone; whether I was talking to a move-in crew member, meeting girls on my floor, or being introduced to my RAs, everyone in Driscoll Hall was warm, friendly and excited for this new beginning.

Speaking of new beginnings, needless to say many graduating high school seniors aren’t crazy about the idea of being “at the bottom of the college food chain”. But being a freshman once again, especially at a place like the U, is actually an incredible feeling. To me, the word “freshman” is just a simple word to describe “endless opportunities”. The college experience is all about discovering who you are and what you love, whether it be through academics, clubs, intramural sports, service and so much more. Scranton is filled with these opportunities and I’m definitely ready to take advantage of that. I’m currently a member of the a cappella group Men and Women for Octaves, but I don’t plan on stopping there!

In just these four weeks of being here, I’ve noticed so much about this school that truly sets it apart from others, and I definitely think you’ll see it too as the year goes on and I tell you all about my Scranton experience! Can’t wait to share all the happenings on and off campus. Happy reading!

-Catie

Took this picture about a week or two ago; I still can’t get over this place.

Bw9xdkGIgAE7OBf

Catherine E. Bombard

Hi! My name's Catherine, but you can call me Catie and I'm a sophomore from Wayne, NJ here at the University of Scranton. I'm an English major, Communication minor hoping to have a career in publishing one day. I'm a member and the publicist of Octaves, an a cappella group on campus, along with being a writer and editor for The Aquinas, the student newspaper. Thanks for checking out the student blogs and I hope you enjoy hearing about my "Scranton Experience"! :)

2 thoughts on “New Beginnings

1. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put
    in writing this blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade
    content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities
    has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now 😉