Noticing the Little Things

Evenings and sunsets here are too beautiful.

Whether I’m on my way to my friend’s dorm, the DeNaples Center, or the library, night or day I can’t seem to get over the scenery on campus, even on grayer days. (Wow I must really sound like a freshman now…)

The bottom picture was actually taken last night when I was on my way to the library. The other is from before dinner over the weekend.
photo 1 photo 2

I think one of my favorite aspects of being in college is that there are so many spots and places to hang out or do homework. I’m definitely a big fan of getting my schoolwork done in the library (sounds stereotypical I know). But the Weinberg Memorial Library is a glorious place for homework! With five floors total, each one gets progressively quieter and quieter. Even sneezing on the fifth floor is considered noisy!

But as I’m writing this blog I’m in, not the library, but one of the sophisticated yet fun, study rooms in LSC (Loyola Science Center)! LSC is one of the newer buildings we have on campus and is the home to, you guessed it, many science and mathematics majors. It is a beautifully designed building: including 5 floors filled with laboratories, classrooms, study rooms, with great views and plenty of space for just hanging out. What’s also cool about this building is that it is FILLED with clear glass boards and walls that students are allowed to write on. There’s always been something enticing about those clear boards to me, so as you can see I definitely took advantage of this when I was planning a paper for my English class!
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 12.28.06 AM

The first and second floor of the DeNaples Center are also a favorite spot of mine. Being able to grab a drink and plopping myself at one of the high tables or couches is so relaxing. There is a ton of seating so it’s definitely a nice place to spend time with friends after dinner or between classes. But I can’t forget about all the gorgeous bench and table areas outside, such as the Rose Garden, or the Dionne Greene. I’m hoping to spend some more time in these areas while the weather is still nice before winter creeps up on us.

While this might not seem like the most exciting post, I must say I’ve really been taking advantage of all the spots on campus! Relaxing in my dorm is always nice, but having so many other places, in walking distance, to relax in is a small part of college that I’ve noticed I really love! Hope you all have a good week and a great start to October! 🙂

Catie

Catherine E. Bombard

Hi! My name's Catherine, but you can call me Catie and I'm a sophomore from Wayne, NJ here at the University of Scranton. I'm an English major, Communication minor hoping to have a career in publishing one day. I'm a member and the publicist of Octaves, an a cappella group on campus, along with being a writer and editor for The Aquinas, the student newspaper. Thanks for checking out the student blogs and I hope you enjoy hearing about my "Scranton Experience"! :)

One thought on “Noticing the Little Things

1. Very interesting column or blog i am showing my age Yes campus is beautiful and yes there manny find places to study or just hang out It is much better and illuminating campus that i was privy to Keep up the good work