Back From Fall Break

Here I am all settled in once again after being home for four days during fall break; I have to admit, it feels good to be back! Although, in a way, it feels like I never left. Fall break definitely crept up on me; the semester is FLYING by. It needs to slow down! Before I know it, Thanksgiving break will be right around the corner.

Like many other freshmen would say, there are a number of nice things about being home, especially for the first time: sleeping in your own bed, being greeted by your pet, having a home cooked meal, enjoying alone time and being able to tell family and friends all about your college experience thus far. Similar to how I feel about being back in my dorm, when I was home it felt like I had still been living there for the past 2 months (except for the fact my room was much cleaner than it usually when I was actually there every day!). Although I absolutely love being at school and living on campus, after being back in Wayne I’ve realized nothing can ever replace my home. But Scranton has truly become my home away from home.

When I was in the car this morning, I couldn’t help but remember that the last time I was making this drive was back on August 23rd. I recalled the myriad of emotions I felt that day: the nerves, the excitement, the inability to realize I was finally going to college! I thought about going to the diner that day with my parents and talking about all the move-in plans. Comparing that to the ride this morning, I had no nerves, no worries. I knew exactly where I was going and what I should expect. I was excited, but not quite for the same reasons. I was excited to see my roommate, floor mates, class friends, the campus! It’s crazy to think that on August 23rd I had no idea what Scranton had in store for me. Now I know so much and am always learning more.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week! (I know I will being that I only have 3 days of classes…but who’s counting? 🙂 )

-Catie

Catherine E. Bombard

Hi! My name's Catherine, but you can call me Catie and I'm a sophomore from Wayne, NJ here at the University of Scranton. I'm an English major, Communication minor hoping to have a career in publishing one day. I'm a member and the publicist of Octaves, an a cappella group on campus, along with being a writer and editor for The Aquinas, the student newspaper. Thanks for checking out the student blogs and I hope you enjoy hearing about my "Scranton Experience"! :)