Welcome to Spring Semester!

Hey everyone!

I hope that you all had a very enjoyable winter break.  I know I sure did.  However, as always, it feels good to be back at school with all my friends.  Although I did very much enjoy relaxing at home, I missed being at school with my friends very much.  I love the start of a new semester.  It means a fresh start on classes and professors.  This semester, I am taking Ethics and Theology II, courses that every student at the U is required to take becuase we are a Jesuit, Catholic University.  I am also taking Kinesiology and Adulthood and Aging Psychology, which are requirements for my Occupational Therpay major.  All my professors seem wonderful and I am looking forward to a great semester of learning and fun!

However, there are lots of other things that come along with being back at school besides just new classes.  This weekend, the Men and Women’s Basketball teams will be playing their final home games of the season against Juniata and Susquehanna.  As always, Scranton is committed to giving back to the community.  Therefore,  for every student who comes to support the teams, 2$ will be donated to the International Service Program.  So come out and show your school spirit and do your part in servicing the community!  Good luck to both teams…GO ROYALS!

Once again, welcome back everyone and enjoy your semester!

Kara 🙂

Ms. Kara R. DeRosa

Hi everyone. My name is Kara DeRosa and I am from Staten Island, NY. Currently, I am in my 5th year as a University of Scranton student in the Occupational Therapy Master's Graduate program. As an undergrad, I was actively involved in the Student Occupational Therapy Association and still currently help out with events as needed. I also participate in intramural sports, as well as various community service events and research groups with OT faculty. I lived on-campus my first 3 years as a student but now live in an off-campus apartment. My younger sister also attends the University of Scranton and is a junior nursing major. Please feel free to comment on my posts with any questions you may have or if you are interested in getting more information about anything! Happy reading :)