Victorious Weekend!

Hey there!

This weekend was very exciting for Royals fans..and Giants fans!  Friday night, the Lady Royals battled the 11th ranked Juniata.  Although they did not win this game, they managed to raise over $1000 for the University of Scranton’s International Service Program.  Saturday the Girls defeated Susquehanna on their Senior Day.  The University of Scranton Men’s basketball team clinched a Landmark Conference playoff spot with a pair of victories this past weekend. The Royals defeated Juniata on Friday and then rallied in the closing minutes to beat Susquehanna by 3 points on Saturday.

As well as the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams victories, the Giants had a thrilling defeat over the Patriots on SuperBowl Sunday.  In honor of the SuperBowl, Residence Life provided tons of food, including wings, macaroni and cheese, chilli, pulled pork, and more.  Tables were set up on floors throughout our dorm buildings so students could enjoy some delicious meals while watching the excting game!

Enjoy your week! 🙂

Kara

Ms. Kara R. DeRosa

Hi everyone. My name is Kara DeRosa and I am from Staten Island, NY. Currently, I am in my 5th year as a University of Scranton student in the Occupational Therapy Master's Graduate program. As an undergrad, I was actively involved in the Student Occupational Therapy Association and still currently help out with events as needed. I also participate in intramural sports, as well as various community service events and research groups with OT faculty. I lived on-campus my first 3 years as a student but now live in an off-campus apartment. My younger sister also attends the University of Scranton and is a junior nursing major. Please feel free to comment on my posts with any questions you may have or if you are interested in getting more information about anything! Happy reading :)