With just 2 weeks of classes left and Christmas just around the corner, focusing on school work can start to get challenging. Here are some tips I found to useful to survive the home stretch before winter break:
1. Time management is key. Make a schedule of what day/times your finals are and manage your time accordingly. The amount of studying you have may seem overwhelming but breaking it down into a schedule will help keep the stress away.
2. Find a quiet place to study. Whether its the library, Loyola Science Center, or an empty classroom, find a place where you can study where you can focus on your work with no distractions.
3. Start making study guides now. It’s never to early to start mapping out the material you need to know for your finals. Study guides are key to organizing the important information you need to study.
4. If you have a question about something or aren’t understanding a topic in your class, ask your professor for help. Send an e-mail or visit their office hours. Don’t wait until last minute to ask a question if you are unsure about something becuase finals will be here before you know it and then it will be too late.
5. Last but not least, don’t stress (or try not too) Yes, finals are challenging but you will make it through. Remember to get an adequate amount of sleep each night so you’re brain is well-rested.