Come August 15th it’ll already be too late to nominate your favorite librarian for an award, so it’s best you do it now!
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2010
- Distinguished Service Award: Highest award the associate gives. It may be awarded annually to one person in recognition of exceptional meritorious service to libraries of the Commonwealth.
- Certificates of Merit: These are awarded to individuals making outstanding contributions during the last five years in Pennsylvania.
- Elected Official Award: This award may be given annually to an elected official or officials for exemplary support of library service in Pennsylvania.
- New Librarian Honors Award: Honors a librarian who has been in the profession fewer than six years. It recognizes the originality and inventive ability of a new librarian who devises new and improved methods in library service on a statewide or local level.
- Trustee of the Year Award: Presented to a public library trustee in recognition of outstanding leadership and service to library development at the local, system, district, and/or state level.
- Library Support Staff Recognition Award: This award is presented to a library that has consistently encouraged and supported participation in career development activities, particularly those of PaLA for the support staff in Pennsylvania libraries. Nominations should be in the form of a statement of the library’s activities. (A little clarification on this award: It is presented to a library not to a staff member. Does your library provide you with opportunities to develop your library skills through continuing education opportunities? Does your library allow you to attend PaLA conferences and Chapter Meetings as a Support Staff member? Does your library provide you with opportunities to take classes on library related activities or in areas which you can use on the job? Then tell us how that support helps you on your job and give a little recognition to your library.
Nominating is now easier than ever, thanks to the new online form.
Simply fill it out and click submit… It’s that easy!