Much to do at Montage

One of the many reasons I love being a student at The University of Scranton is its close proximity to Montage Mountain. Last Thursday, I went to see Jason Aldean, Cole Swindell and Tyler Farr perform at the Montage Mountain pavilion – and it was AMAZING. The pavilion was packed, as thousands of people from the greater Scranton community came out for the show.

Just twenty minutes outside of campus, Montage mountain offers awesome concerts (like Jason Aldean), as well as other opportunities such as participating in 5K’s, skiing, shopping, and an catching a movie at the IMAX movie theater. Freshman year, I participated in the Color Run 5K on Montage Mountain. I frequent the Shoppes at Montage, particularly the J Crew Factory store and Panera. I have gone skiing at Montage through university trips, as well as midnight movie showings at the IMAX theater. Two years ago, The University of Scranton even offered a deal where you could go see Maroon 5 at Montage. Transportation was included, and everyone I know who went had a great time.

Being able to see Jason Aldean, one of my favorite country artists, perform so close to campus was incredible. Montage Mountain offers University students with tons of opportunities for adventure, entertainment, and recreation. Definitely take full advantage of it!

Below is a picture taken at the concert, courtesy of The Pavilion at Montage Mountain:

MONTAGE

Sarah E. Mueller

Hello! My name is Sarah Mueller. I double major in Secondary Education and English at the University of Scranton, and am member of the Class of 2016. Currently, as a second-semester senior, I am student teaching at Scranton High School, and I am loving every second of it! Because I am a second-semester senior (and am totally feeling the nostalgia set in), here are a few of my college highlights:

1. Last fall, I studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa (and I loved every second of it!). There, I got to teach sixth grade English as a Second Language in the townships. This was by far the most rewarding and eye-opening experience of my life.
2. I work as a Co-Director for Royal Ambassadors (our Admissions tour guide program). I hire and train tour guides, help run Open House and Commencement events, and even get to give a few tours, myself!
3. I was the Head Leader for Divinely Designed, The Women's Retreat, this spring. I was also on team to lead the retreat my sophomore year.
4. I am an active member of Kappa Delta Pi, the international honors society in Education, as well as Sigma Tau Delta, the international honors society in English.
5. I lived in the Cura Personalis living learning community my freshman and sophomore years, creating and participating in faith, service, and justice related events.
6. Up until this semester, I was a staff writer and a section editor for The Aquinas Student Newspaper. Last spring, I even tried my hand at being the Managing Editor!

Although I definitely do not want my college experience to be over, I am excited to get out into the real world and apply all of the incredible lessons The UofS has taught me about being a teacher, but more importantly, about being a person.