Senior Spotlight: Stephen Chimenti

With commencement approaching, the reality is beginning to set in for some seniors. Their time as undergraduate students is coming to an end.

Stephen Chimenti is an exercise science major, and though his academic career is set to continue — he will go on to get his doctorate in physical therapy  — he said he is going to miss the sense of community at Scranton.

Park Ridge, New Jersey native Stephen Chimenti.

“There are so many things about [Scranton] that I will miss, but if I had to narrow it down … it would be the community,” Chimenti said. “Meeting my friends and seeing people on my walks to class are things I have appreciated from the [first] day I stepped foot on campus.”

Chimenti met many of his friends during his first year as a Royal and was thankful to keep those connections during his four years.

“My lifelong favorite memories from Scranton come from the first semester of my first year,” Chimenti said. “Every day was a new experience, and I met more people than I ever have before.”

Though Chimenti looks back at his first year with fond memories, he said he’d give his past self some advice.

Stephen Chimenti with friends. From top left: Justin Reagan, Sal Palmieri, Kevan Bailey, Mahmoud Dabsheh, Dylan Scasserra, Stephen Chimenti. Second row from left: Erin O’Shaughnessy, Rebeca Chieffallo, Emily Kearney, Jake Selingo.

“I wish I could tell my first-year self to stress less and just enjoy each day,” Chimenti said.

However, the stress that came from Chimenti’s first year also taught him something important.

“The biggest lesson Scranton taught me is that if you really want something, you must constantly work hard at it until you achieve it,” Chimenti said.

This learned work ethic, he hopes, will help him down the line.

“After Doctor of Physical Therapy school, I will hopefully run my own clinic one day,” Chimenti said.

For now? He wants to make the most of the final weeks of his senior year.

One thought on “Senior Spotlight: Stephen Chimenti