Present: Tara Fay, Katy Meier, Jessica Nolan, Jeremy Sepinsky
- Discussed how to foster a classroom culture that promotes learning for learning sake rather than studying for the exam
- Article from Chronicle of Higher Ed: “Stop Telling Students to Study for Exams” by David Jaffee (link)
- Future of pedagogy cohort
- Discussed videotaping classes and Ted-Ed
- Is it harmful to standardize information by using video lectures? Would we fail to update with most current knowledge?
- Do we lose the opportunity to respond to individual needs, situations, and questions
by using video lectures?