Surrounded by Industry Leaders

The most rewarding part of my internship at Wasserman this summer was working alongside sports marketing professionals that have been in the industry for several years. Before Wasserman, many held roles with professional sports leagues or worked in the sponsorship divisions at Fortune 500 brands. It was incredible to be surrounded by people that have the same passion and that were once in my shoes as rising seniors. I scheduled time with many of my managers throughout the summer to learn more about their career paths to their current positions in the company.

In a few short weeks, I’ll be returning to campus for my final year as an undergraduate at The University of Scranton. I anticipate that it will be a very busy time with school work and the full-time job search. I hope to stay in touch with many of my former coworkers at Wasserman and use their advice from our meetings to position myself well in the application process.

The most challenging part of my internship was working on projects with sports I was not familiar with. Over time, I developed a greater understanding of the business behind those sports.

I am very thankful for the opportunity to work at Wasserman this past summer. I can’t wait to use what I learned about sports business in my career one day.

Mark Miller
Marketing and Business Administration

2 Replies to “Surrounded by Industry Leaders”

1. Mark,

After reading your blog post, I felt that we had similar opinions on what was most rewarding and challenging with regards to our internships. Although they are different industries, I was also motivated by the experience of the industry leaders I was surrounded by. In addition, I am hoping to stay in contact with the connections I made this summer to help me with job placement, post graduation. Just as you had trouble familiarizing yourself with the business of some sports, I had difficulty getting used to the softwares that were used. However, at the end of the day, it becomes a learning experience.

Glad to hear you had a great time this summer!

2. Mark,

It sounds like you had an amazing summer internship experience and made a lot of connections! Working with prominent figures in the industry will only make you a better professional. It is important to stay in touch with your former coworkers because you never know when you may encounter them again. I’m happy to hear your experience was very successful!