Research and Increasing SEO

From this internship I would like to learn how to properly improve the SEO (search engine optimization) for the website I am creating. This website is a city guide for local restaurants, bars, and events in the Washington, DC area. I research the area and the most popular neighborhoods in order to provide the best content for future viewers. I have already learned the importance of increasing the SEO value in order to have the website be successful organically. I would like to learn the ins and outs of running a website and how to get a website to appear on the first page of any search engine, specifically Google. There seem to be many steps to achieving this goal, especially when starting from complete scratch. I hope that once this internship is completed, I will leave with the knowledge of how to efficiently rank a website on Google, the behind the scenes actions of running a website, and how to accurately track and analyze the data. Once this is achieved, I will have the knowledge to apply to other jobs or opportunities in my future in marketing.

Elizabeth Chostowski
Marketing

One Reply to “Research and Increasing SEO”

1. This website sounds amazing and so does this internship! It takes a lot to build a website and optimize it to be found by people who do google searches hourly almost. The technology world is a difficult world to get involved in and it seems you dove right in and are trying to get as much out of this as possible! I wish you the best of luck for the rest of your internship!