All staff and faculty are encouraged to complete the yearly online SANS Computer Security training. This important training will assist all computer users on campus to understand how we can be the target of identity thieves or other malicious actors.
If your employment at the University requires you to have access to personal identifiable information, or you need to process credit card payments over the phone or online, you are required to complete specific training sessions in SANS.
The videos are designed for the busy professional — training can be fit into spare moments during the day, because:
• Each video is only 3-5 minutes in length.
• You can view them in any order, at any time.
• Each video focuses on what you NEED to know.
• It’s critical that you know how to keep data safe in the work place.
Earn 10 Wellness Points
These training sessions count toward your professional development pillar on your wellness activity log. If you complete the full training series and the short quizzes at the end of each video, you will have earned 10 points!
To access the SANS Training Center, please follow these steps:
1. Log into the My.Scranton portal and click on the “Employee” tab
2. Click on the “SANS Training Center” link in the Information Security Awareness Training section
3. Your username is your “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. If you don’t know your password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot your Password link on the SANS Training Center website.
Need SANS account help? If you don’t know your password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot your Password link on the SANS Training Center website. If you have any other questions, contact the Technology Support Center at 570-941-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com.