IT Services launched its Windows 10 Early Adopter Program on June 3, 2016 to test the feasibility of offering a minimally disruptive, self-service option to upgrade existing Windows 7 computers to Windows 10. We are grateful to the 19 faculty and staff members that participated in the program whose feedback helped us to identify items to improve upon. Although all the participants were able to successfully complete their upgrade, we have decided that the campus release of the self-service upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will require additional fine-tuning. We will be forming an additional select group of early adopters to help us improve the process even more.
Even though the self-service upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is delayed, IT Services will be delivering and setting up all new PC systems with Windows 10 pre-installed on them. If you would like Windows 10 training, please contact Julie Brackeva-Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Windows 10 resources:
· Microsoft’s Get Started with Windows 10
· Microsoft’s Windows 10 Features
· Microsoft’s Windows 10 emulator
· Microsoft’s Office 2016 Training Resources
· Printable instructions for resetting default web browser and PDF viewer AFTER upgrading to Windows 10