The Division of Information Technology will be deploying MFA as a preventative security measure to our campus starting this summer.
MFA requires users to provide multiple factors of authentication/information to access an account:
• Factor 1 – Something you know. Example: MyScranton Password
• Factor 2 – Something you have. Example: Typically your mobile phone (Mobile App, SMS text message / Phone Call, Hardware tokens, and one time code.)
- Purchase Duo by the end of May (MFA product)
- Develop and refine policies
- Phased release beginning during the Summer 2018