The University of Scranton has joined eduroam, an international roaming service that provides all students, researchers, faculty and staff with secure, easy to use network/internet connectivity across member institutions.
Who can use the eduroam network?
Anyone from a participating higher-ed institution. This facilitates network access and productivity for visiting faculty, students and staff while away from their home institution, without any additional configuration to their computers or mobile devices. In addition, University of Scranton faculty, students and staff will be able to get the same internet connectivity when they travel to any other participating institutions.
How do I use eduroam?
- Connect to the “eduroam” WiFi network
- Once selected, click “Connect”
- Enter your University Email (or Royal ID number) and Password.
- Click “OK” (you may be asked to approve/trust a certificate)
- When successfully connected you will see eduroam listed in the wireless network list as “Connected, secured”