The University of Scranton has joined eduroam, an international roaming service that provides all students, researchers, faculty and staff with secure, easy to use network/internet connectivity across member institutions.
Who can use the eduroam network?
Anyone from a participating higher-ed institution. This facilitates network access and productivity for visiting faculty, students and staff while away from their home institution, without any additional configuration to their computers or mobile devices. In addition, University of Scranton faculty, students and staff will be able to get the same internet connectivity when they travel to any other participating institutions.
How do I use eduroam?
- Connect to the “eduroam” WiFi network
- Once selected, click “Connect”
- Enter your University Email (or Royal ID number) and Password.
- Click “OK” (you may be asked to approve/trust a certificate)
- When successfully connected you will see eduroam listed in the wireless network list as “Connected, secured”
Improved Guest Wireless Internet Access
The guest wireless network ROYALGUEST was updated last May to provide campus guests with an improved 24-hour wireless internet connection while visiting our campus. Guests will now be required to create an account to access our wireless service. Step-by-step instructions can be found at scranton.edu/guestwireless.