Need to print that syllabus, those lecture notes, that paper? You can do it in the Library! We have two UniPrint stations (one on the First Floor, in the Pro Deo Room, and one on the Second Floor at the top of the stairs) for printing from computer workstations.
To cover the cost of paper and toner, the Library does charge a small fee for printing from our stations – 7 cents per page, debited from your Royal Card account. However, to make sure you start the semester on the right foot, the Library subsidizes your first 200 prints each semester!
We get a lot of questions about printing, so here are a few details:
- The Library subsidizes your first 200 prints in the Fall 2009 and Spring 2010 semesters.
- If you’re taking an Intersession class, you’ll also get your first 50 prints subsidized in January.
- Your subsidized prints should be available on your Royal Card starting with the first day of classes.
- Unused subsidized prints “roll over” from Fall and Intersession into Spring… but any prints that are unused by the end of summer do not roll over into Fall 2010.
- We do not subsidize photocopies.
- When you send a print “job” to the UniPrint system, it will stay in the print queue for 2 hours – so make sure you go to the station and print it out before it expires.
- If you are having trouble printing, ask for help at the Reference Desk!
Please remember to “think green” and print only what you need. If you’re printing PowerPoint slides, think about printing 6 slides per page – you’ll save 5 sheets of paper.
P.S. You asked us for wireless printing- and we’re working on it! We’re testing it right now and will let you know when it’s ready to go.
Update: Wireless printing is now available for most PCs. We’re still working on Macs and 64-bit Vista computers.