The University of Scranton and the City of Scranton are celebrating Earth Day with a week full of events, from a sustainable tour of downtown Scranton to an Earth Day Fair to hikes and mountain bike rides. If you have a quiet moment in the midst of all the green activity, be sure to check out some of the Weinberg Memorial Library’s newest books on sustainability and environmental issues:
- Thomas Friedman, Hot, Flat, and Crowded
- Rowan Jacobsen, Fruitless Fall
- Michael Schacker, Spring Without Bees
- Andrew Darby, Harpoon: Into the Heart of Whaling
- Lisa Gartland, Heat Islands
And don’t forget about today’s Earth Day Fair, which will be held from 10am – 1pm right outside the DeNaples Center. We’ll see you there!