If you’ve been off campus since May, you might notice that there have been quite a few changes happening at the Weinberg Memorial Library. Our Library faculty and staff were working hard over the summer to bring you a laundry list of new services and improved facilities. Take a look!
- New Library website – librarian Donna Mazziotti led a team in redesigning our Library home page to match the rest of the University’s web presence. We’ll be unveiling the new site on Monday, August 23rd in time for the start of classes. This is a big transition for us, so please be patient as we make the switch, and let us know if you find any broken links!
- New 24-Hour Study Space – our Physical Plant staff renovated our 1st floor periodical room to create a new 24-hour study space for students. You’ll be able to swipe in using your Royal Card, even after the rest of the Library has closed. And just like the Pro Deo room, we’ll have a small set of computers for students to use – along with a brand new, high capacity printer. The room will be open as of Monday!
- Rock Band and Wii – our game nights were so popular last Spring that we decided to buy our own gaming equipment. The Library staff has already tested it out, so it’s ready to go for our first game night of Fall 2010 – August 26 at 10pm!
- Digital Signs – We always have a lot of news to share about Library events and services. Now you’ll be able to catch up while waiting in line at Java City or the circulation desk, just by glancing at our shiny new digital signage.
- Text Messaging Reference – Okay, so technically we started offering text messaging reference last spring. But we’re so excited about it that we’ll be promoting it like crazy this semester. Text us at 570-687-8787 to get help from a librarian, anytime the Library’s open.
- Recycling Bins – our new Library green team is off and running, and our first major initiative is to reduce the amount of trash the Library puts out. Make sure you keep an eye out for our new recycling bins and sort your bottles, cans, and paper recycling appropriately.
- New Staff – Last but certainly not least, we’re proud to welcome Sheli McHugh as our new cataloging librarian! You might also notice that former cataloging clerk Sharon Finnerty has moved upstairs to serve as our new Media Resources Coordinator. We’ll be posting introductions to Sheli and Sharon here on Infospot in the next week.
As usual, your feedback is important to us – so let us know what you think about everything that’s new!