We invite applications for a full-time Acquisitions Clerk. To apply and see the full job description visit: https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/4963
The Acquisitions Clerk is responsible for all aspects of ordering and receiving materials for the library. This position also cross-trains on other Technical Services activities/duties.
– Processes order requests, searches the online catalog and databases for materials already held and researches current prices and information for requested editions
– Receives materials and reconciles shipments with packing lists, monitoring items for damage, or publishing errors. Reports problems to the Collections and Resource Management Librarian
– Researches, prepares, and places library book orders for all formats, including eBooks, print, out-of-print, and “rush” orders using the Library’s integrated online system, online databases, and Internet resources
– Processes and inputs invoices into Sierra (library computer system) for payment
– Uses departmental credit card to purchase book and standing orders as necessary
– Monitors book & standing orders and vendor shipments to ensure accurate receipt of orders
– Prepares & reviews open order reports and statuses of orders and standing orders
– Monitors departmental budget balances to ensure funds are not overspent
– Prepares credit card transaction reports for submission to Purchasing Department
– Follows up on vendor errors, damaged materials, and returns
– Answers the telephone in Acquisitions Dept. and provides information or refers to proper personnel
– Monitors the departmental operations in the absence of the Collections and Resource Management Librarian
– Files invoices and order records
Additional Required Skills
– Ability to perform methodical and detailed work tasks with a high level of accuracy and close attention to detail
– Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks according to the needs of the department
– Ability to think critically and problem solve
– Ability to multi-task
– Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively
– Ability to lift heavy cartons of books (up to 40 lbs.), and push heavy book trucks throughout the library
– Technical competency in Microsoft Office products
– Must be able to respect, support, and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements
Associate’s degree, or two years completed towards a Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Minimum Job Experience Requirements
One year library work experience is required
Library work experience in Technical Services, with use of an integrated library system. Working knowledge of OCLC and MARC records.
Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online at https://universityofscrantonjobs.com. Please provide a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) references which include contact information. The position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin on Monday, December 7, 2020.