We invite applicants for a part-time, temporary, Evening Circulation Services Clerk. To apply and see the full job description visit: https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/4898
Position Title: Evening Circulation Services Clerk (part-time temporary)
The Evening Circulation Services Clerk is a part time, temporary, evening position working under the supervision of the Circulation Services Coordinator to perform the duties listed below.
- Provides patron assistance at the Circulation Desk. This includes:
- Conducting circulation transactions (charging, discharging, reviewing, recalling, placing holds, and collecting fines and fees).
- Registering new patrons.
- Assisting with maintaining equipment (i.e. photocopiers, laptop computers, IPads, security gates), replenishing supplies, and reporting equipment malfunctions.
- Answering telephone calls and assisting with circulation questions. Referring reference questions to Research and Scholarly Services.
- Assisting with the sending of faxes.
- Responding to and documenting violations of theft and damage to Library materials.
- Processing monetary transactions.
- Assisting patrons with use of the public catalog for finding material, especially reserves.
- Monitors the Library for disruptive behavior and unauthorized persons; reports any disruptions to the Librarian in charge and/or University Police.
- Clears the Library building at closing time. Ensures that the 24 hour spaces are clear of Library materials before closing.
- Secures the library building at closing by locking/unlocking specific doors and gates and adjusting elevator settings.
Minimum Education Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
Customer service experience.
Library work experience.
Additional Skills Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of users – students, faculty, administration, and public patrons, and to handle communications with tact, courtesy and discretion.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy cartons of books, weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission.
Schedule/Work Hours: Monday – Thursday 5:30-11:30 p.m. (24 hours per week) with some fluctuations in the summer and at exam times.