From now on, get the latest Weinberg Memorial Library news (and an RSS feed of our blog posts) by following us – @UofSLibrary. While you’re at it, reply and let us know what you think of our Library! In 140 characters or less, that is.
If you’re like us and new to the Twitterverse, here are a few resources to help you get started on your new so-microblogged life:
- Feeling tweepish about not knowing what the heck your tweeple are tweeting about? You need the Twitter Glossary from the Twitter Fan Wiki.
- With Twitter Search, you can watch what the world is doing in real time.
- Nearby Tweets helps you find other tweeple in your city.
- Tweet Deck is an application that can help you manage your incoming tweets.
- Last but not least, if you’re presenting to a group of techno-savvy people anytime in the future, check out speaking expert Olivia Mitchell’s recommendations for “How to Present While People are Twittering.”
Need help figuring out who to start following? Here are some of our favorite Scranton tweeters – it is #followfriday, after all!
- @ScrantonAlumni The University’s Alumni Office
- @scrantonsbdc The University of Scranton’s Small Business Development Center
- @timestribune Local news from the Scranton Times-Tribune
- @ScrantonLibrary The Scranton Public Library
We’ve also noticed a mysterious new Twitter account, @scottpilarz. Could it be our very own University president?