The library building is currently closed, but the library continues to offer services and resources remotely.
- 24/7 assistance is available through the Ask a Librarian chat box. The chat is staffed by University of Scranton Librarians during the following hours: Remote Services Schedule. Outside of those hours, coverage is provided by Librarians not affiliated with the University of Scranton. You can also call 570-941-4000 to talk with a University of Scranton Librarian during our Remote Service Hours, or email email@example.com any time.
- Research consultations are still being offered and can be scheduled by using the Ask a Librarian chat box or by contacting your library liaison directly by email.
- ILLiad (InterLibrary Loan) service is available for requesting articles, but some requests may not be filled due to our lending partners operating with limited staffing and resources. For Illiad questions/concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The lending of physical materials, including from the library’s collection, remote storage, and PALCI EZ-Borrow is suspended and unavailable until further notice.
- The library has a large collection of e-books, e-journals, and streaming media. Please see our Guide to Online Library Resources. To access the library’s online content, you must first authenticate through my.scranton.edu.
- If you need assistance or are encountering any issues, please use the Ask a Librarian chat box for immediate assistance.
For additional information please see Library Services Spring 2020.