We invite applicants to apply for the part-time Media Resources Clerk. To apply and see the full job description visit: https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/5462
Position Title: Media Resources Clerk – Part Time, Evenings/Weekends
The Media Resources Evening/Weekend Clerk is a part time position which works under the supervision of the Media Resources Coordinator to provide services for the Media and Ed Lab Collections during the weekend and evening hours of the Center’s operation.
– Supervises work-study students in the absence of the Media Resources Coordinator.
– Conducts circulation transactions (check in, check out, search, renew, change due date, course reserves) for Media and Ed Lab materials.
– Processes faculty requests for classroom and non-classroom use of media.
– Participates in the evaluation of and recommendation for purchase of equipment and media.
– Assists in the preparation of monthly and annual statistical reports. Also assists with analysis of statistics, and makes policy and procedure recommendations as warranted.
– Maintains the security and copyright integrity of the Media Resources Center equipment and collections.
– Sends overdue notices.
-Previews media for quality and informs Media Resources Coordinator of any problems.
– Compiles monthly list of new materials by title, department and format.
– Notifies faculty members that media they have requested have been received.
– Transfers media to more current formats as needed.
– Advises patrons of the availability of streaming media and can advise them of the existing features. Provides faculty and students with share link.
– Places material on Course Reserve and removes them as needed.
– Re-shelves materials, and maintains good order in the stacks.
Additional Skills Required:
– Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of users – students, faculty, administration, and public patrons, and to handle communications with tact, courtesy and discretion.
– Ability to instruct/direct student work.
– Excellent organizational/record-keeping skills.
– Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission.
Minimum Education Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
One year customer service experience, including policy interpretation and enforcement. Experience with Microsoft Office.
– Library work experience with training in Library circulation systems, on-line catalog searching, Internet searching.
– Experience working with/supervising college age students.
– Familiarity with online meeting platforms.
Schedule/Work Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 4:30-10 p.m.; Sunday Noon – 7 p.m. (17.5 hours per week), with some fluctuations in the summer and at exam times.