The Library will be hiring new TechCons, student work study positions, to provide technical support to students within the new Reilly Learning Commons. The Learning Commons will open in August on the first floor of the Library.
TechCons (technology consultants) are highly skilled student workers who are technology savvy, self-driven, reliable, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment. They work approximately ten to twelve hours each week, with flexible scheduling, and gain valuable real-world experience and training.
The Learning Commons TechCons will:
- Provide technical support/troubleshoot technology related problems for students and faculty in the Learning Commons in the use of:
- Software: Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Applications, E-mail, Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox), Panopto lecture capture software, LibCal room reservation, audio and video editing software on MACs and PCs (GarageBand, iMovie, etc.)
- Hardware: PC and Macintosh basics, printer basics, Scannx scanner
- Network: wireless network access
- Systems: MyScranton, LMS, Royal Drive
- Work directly with faculty and students on a wide range of projects.
- Research and Present emerging technologies
- Are knowledgeable about web design and multimedia software
Apply Online and be sure to select Learning Commons when selecting the job that you are applying.